Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Vallier, old Montreal, Lunch review

Vallier on Urbanspoon I love good food and a fresh delicious lunch is right up there on my "Favorite Things" list. Someone else makes them, serves them and cleans up the mess. It is almost perfect!  Today I went to a terrific bistro in old Montreal (425 McGill) called Vallier. It is a happening spot with beautiful exposed brick walls and a fine dining menu. I had an amazing crostini that had rocket lettuce, chestnut mushrooms and truffle oil. If you like the smell of truffle oil, this will make you mouth water. There was a small amount of balsamic reduction on the plate that complimented the dish beautifully. It was served as an appetizer but when I added a salad, it made a nice lunch . I am looking forward to my next visit to Vallier bistro et comptoir, the Cod BLT looked fantastic. 3 mmm's 1/2,  out of five.

2 comments:

  1. Vallier sounds great. I will be in Old Montreal in a few weeks for the big race and will have to give this place a try. Is this a lunch place, or would it be a good spot for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only had lunch there but they do serve dinner. It would be a great spot to go with friends since it is very lively. Here is the phone number (514) 842-2905 (Ask for a booth) reservations are a must. (Even at lunch it can get full) If you want to try something different (and hardy), there is a great polish restaurant off of McGill on St Paul called Stash Cafe. (514)845-6611
    Have Fun at the Race!!

    ReplyDelete